Mushroom gummies have caught the attention of many health-conscious individuals, offering a new twist on wellness with chewy, flavorful bites.
But some are still wondering — could these fungi-based snacks cause a psychedelic experience similar to magic mushrooms?
This article will clarify any confusion about what mushroom gummies are, what types of mushrooms they include, and their effects on our bodies and minds.
- Mushroom gummies are typically made with health-promoting mushrooms like Reishi, not ones that cause psychedelic trips.
- Psychedelic mushrooms have a substance called psilocybin, known for mind-altering effects, but these aren’t present in your everyday health gummies.
- Though CBD mushroom gummies won’t make you trip, they can help make you feel more relaxed and focused.
- Gummies with medicinal mushrooms can boost your immune system, help manage stress, and support your brain’s health.
- It’s important to talk with a doctor before trying mushroom gummies since they can have side effects and may not mix well with some medicines.
Mushroom Gummies: An Overview
Mushroom gummies are made by infusing edible fungus with a gummy base. They’re not your typical candy, but they share a similar chewy texture.
They contain beneficial compounds found in some mushrooms, like Beta-D-glucans.
Their impact on your body can vary, but generally, they’re touted for their potential to boost immunity and brain health.
However, it’s vital to note that research is still ongoing, and results can vary greatly between individuals.
Addressing the ‘Tripping’ Concern
Mushroom gummies are supplements that are typically made from medicinal mushrooms like Reishi and Lion’s Mane, not the psychedelic kind. They are designed to support your health and well-being, not alter your state of consciousness.
The ‘tripping’ associated with mushrooms typically refers to the effects of psilocybin, a compound found in certain psychedelic species.
The Mushroom Types in Gummies
The most common types of mushrooms in gummies are Reishi, Lion’s Mane, and Chaga.
- Reishi is known for its immune support and stress relief properties.
- Lion’s Mane is often used for cognitive enhancement.
- Chaga mushrooms are packed with antioxidants.
The psilocybin mushrooms, also known as magic mushrooms or shrooms, have psychoactive properties and can cause hallucinations or a ‘trip.’ It’s important to note that these aren’t typically found in over-the-counter mushroom gummies.
It’s also crucial to distinguish between these and the types of mushrooms used in health supplements. To avoid confusion, always check the ingredients and make sure you’re buying from a reputable source.
Hallucinogenic vs Non-Hallucinogenic Mushrooms
Before you consider consuming mushroom gummies, you need to know the difference between hallucinogenic and non-hallucinogenic varieties.
- Hallucinogenic mushrooms, also known as “magic mushrooms,” contain psilocybin. It is a compound that can cause hallucinations, changes in perception, and other psychological effects.
- Non-hallucinogenic mushrooms are typically used for their health benefits and don’t cause these effects. They’re often included in gummies due to their high nutrient content and potential wellness advantages.
- Mushroom gummies usually contain non-hallucinogenic varieties like Lion’s Mane or Reishi.
Psilocybin in Magic Mushrooms CAN Make You Trip
By consuming psilocybin, whether in mushroom form or as gummies, you’re activating your brain’s serotonin receptors. It can lead to a range of effects, from euphoria to sensory distortion.
This occurs within 30 minutes, and these effects can last up to 6 hours. You may also notice changes in your thought patterns for several days.
However, keep in mind that the potency of these magic mushrooms can vary greatly. It depends on factors like their species, origin, and growing conditions.
So, you need to be cautious about the potency of the mushrooms you consume.
“Bad Trips” Associated With Psilocybin Consumption
Consuming psilocybin, whether in mushroom or gummy form, can lead to altered perception, euphoria, and hallucinations.
However, it’s not all rainbows and butterflies. You may also experience anxiety, paranoia, and confusion, which can persist for hours to days.
These negative outcomes, often referred to as ‘bad trips,’ are more likely if you’re in an unsupportive environment, taking a high dose, or dealing with personal issues.
Psilocybin isn’t addictive but can provoke short-term psychosis in some individuals.
Potential Therapeutic Uses of Psilocybin
Despite the risks, you should also note that psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms, has potential therapeutic uses.
Studies suggest psilocybin could benefit those struggling with mental health issues like depression and anxiety. It’s been shown to ‘reset’ the brain’s connectivity, opening doors for new perspectives and positive changes.
In controlled settings, psilocybin-assisted therapy is gaining traction.
It’s not just about tripping; the therapy part is crucial. Guided by professionals, patients navigate their experiences, aiming for therapeutic breakthroughs.
It’s not for everyone, and research is ongoing. But it’s a fascinating field, merging ancient practices with modern science.
Do CBD Mushroom Gummies Make You Trip?
CBD mushroom gummies are edible candies infused with CBD (cannabidiol) oil and mushroom extracts. CBD is a compound from hemp or cannabis plants, but it doesn’t get you high.
The mushrooms in these gummies aren’t the psychedelic kind, either. They’re medicinal mushrooms known for their health benefits.
The Science Behind Mushroom Supplements
With a surge in popularity, you might wonder about the scientific backing behind mushroom supplements, particularly in gummy form.
As already discussed, these supplements typically contain extracts from medicinal mushrooms. Each boasts unique health benefits backed by science.
The gummy form offers a fun, convenient way to consume these supplements. But don’t expect a psychedelic trip — these aren’t magic mushrooms. They are packed with nutrients and bioactive compounds rather than hallucinogens.
Potential Health Benefits of Mushroom Gummies
You might be surprised to learn just how much your health could benefit from incorporating mushroom gummies into your daily routine. They’re not only easy to consume but also packed with incredible health benefits.
Here’s a quick rundown:
- Immune Boost: Various mushrooms, like Reishi, are known for their immune-boosting properties. They could help you fend off sickness.
- Stress Relief: Some mushrooms, such as Lion’s Mane, have adaptogenic properties. They may help your body better handle stress.
- Cognitive Support: Certain mushrooms, like Cordyceps, are believed to support brain health and enhance mental clarity.
Safety and Side Effects of Mushroom Gummies
Even though they don’t cause a “trip,” mushroom gummies aren’t free from side effects. Here are three things you should know:
- Mushroom gummies can cause digestive discomfort, especially when taken in excess. Don’t exceed the recommended dose.
- People with allergies to mushrooms should avoid them. They could experience allergic reactions like itching, swelling, or difficulty breathing.
- These gummies may interact with certain medications, so always consult your doctor before starting any new supplement.
The world of mushroom gummies is expanding, as these supplements promise wellness benefits from nature’s fungi without the high of a psychedelic adventure. They’re an easy and appealing option for those looking to bolster their health in various ways.
While they don’t offer a hallucinogenic experience like their magic mushroom relatives, these gummies come with their cautions and considerations.
It’s essential to stay informed and consult healthcare experts to ensure these mushroom-packed treats are safe and beneficial on your journey to greater well-being.
What are mushroom gummies good for?
Mushroom gummies are often touted for their potential health benefits, including supporting immune function, enhancing mental clarity, and boosting energy levels.
Can kids take mushroom gummies?
Parents or guardians need to consult with a healthcare provider before giving mushroom gummies to children, as their safety and dosage for kids haven’t been widely established.
Are mushroom gummies vegan?
Many mushroom gummies are vegan and crafted without animal products. However, checking the label for confirmation is essential, as ingredients can vary by brand.
What happens when you take mushroom supplements?
When you take mushroom supplements, you might experience an array of effects, such as improved focus, reduced stress, and bolstered immune defense. The outcomes can vary based on the type of mushroom and individual body chemistry.
What are the side effects of Lion’s Mane mushroom gummies?
The side effects of Lion’s Mane mushroom gummies generally are minimal, but some individuals may experience digestive upset, skin rash, or allergies. It’s recommended to start with a small dose to assess tolerance.